COVID -19 COMMUNITY CARE GROUP
The program commences on April 20, 2020
Monday - Thursday evenings from 7 pm to 8 pm
For all of you out there doing your part, we at Bayridge would like to do ours, by providing you with free online ‘community care groups’.
We are deeply concerned about how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect us all. Some of us are more vulnerable than others. Some are worried about health risks; others are afraid for their financial security. Still, others are experiencing separation anxiety and loneliness.
In fact, we are all nervous and sometimes afraid, because everyone is vulnerable. The really courageous amongst us will admit their vulnerability and still act, still reach out. This is a time to depend on each other. Being vulnerable is a sign of strength.
This peer support group is for anyone working on the front lines or those feeling isolated, alone or just struggling. We want to create a space where you can meet to encourage one another, share coping strategies and have each other’s backs.
What should I expect?
WhileBayridge Counselling Centres provides psychotherapy and psychological services to the Golden Horseshoe region seven days a week, this online service is not professional THERAPY, although it may be therapeutic or helpful. This service is provided as a ‘Community CareGroup’ that is being facilitated by a Bayridge host to enable dialogue, communicate hope, encouragement and shared strategies to cope through this difficult time of COVID-19.
Each session the facilitator will begin the group with a short informational commentary of typical challenges and solutions people face in times of stress. Each one in the group will be invited to share their experiences with the goal to support one another. For proper use of this platform please read the important required ‘User’ criteria and disclaimer.
How do I sign up?
No sign-up is required. The support groups will be offered Monday through Thursday evening from 7 to 8 pm. Just return to this page and click on the Join Group button. You can attend as many groups a week as you would like.
About Bayridge Counselling Centres
We have been serving the Golden Horseshoe region for more than 25 years. Our team is composed of medical doctors, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, psychotherapists, addiction specialists, child and adolescent counsellors, coaches and mood disorder specialists.
Bayridge Counselling Centres
Please carefully read these terms and conditions of use as set out below before using the Zoom platform with a Bayridge Counselling Centres facilitator. These terms govern your access to and use of the platform. These terms exempt Bayridge Counselling Centres and others from liability. These terms limit the liability of Bayridge Counselling Centres and others and contain other important provisions that apply to your use of the platform.
The information provided by Bayridge Counselling Centres (“we,” “us” or “our”) on Bayridge Counselling Centres website and links to Zoom video conferencing and chat rooms for (COVID_19 Peer Support Group) [and our mobile application] is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site [and our mobile application] is provided in good faith; however, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site [or our mobile application] whether spoken typed or presented.
Under no circumstance shall we have any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the site/video conferencing / forums, discussions or advice given [or our mobile application] or reliance on any information provided on the site/video conferencing / forums [and our mobile application]. Your use of the site / video conferencing / forums [and our mobile application] and your reliance on any information on the site / video conferencing / forums [and our mobile application] is solely at your own risk. The views and opinions and testimonials shared by all facilitators/ hosts and End Users, belong solely to that individual and do not reflect the views and opinions of Bayridge Counselling Centres.
Your use of the platform is conditional on your acceptance of these Terms. By using the platform, you agree on your own behalf to accept and abide by these Terms for each use of and each visit to the platform. You also agree to comply with our Privacy Statement.
THE PLATFORM IS NOT TO BE USED FOR EMERGENCY OR CRISIS SERVICES. IF YOU REQUIRE EMERGENCY HELP, CALL 911 OR GO TO YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY ROOM.
IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING COMMITTING SUICIDE OR ARE THINKING OF HARMING YOURSELF OR OTHERS, OR IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE AT RISK OF BEING HARMED BY ANOTHER PERSON, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USING THIS SERVICE IMMEDIATELY AND CALL 911 OR GO TO YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY ROOM.
Forums, (video) chat rooms and other public posting areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access.
If you don't want people to know your name or e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly.
PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN (VIDEO) CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN (VIDEO) CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older.
2. You must be physically located in Canada when you make use of the platform.
3. You acknowledge you are not suffering from any severe mental illness and are not suicidal.
4. You agree not to use the platform in any manner that is unlawful, unethical, indecent, offensive, defamatory, derogatory, fraudulent, deceptive, harmful, abusive, threatening, vulgar, profane, pornographic, obscene, sexist, racist, hateful, offensive, harassing, or invasive of the privacy rights of others.
5. BayridgeCommunity CareGroups/ Rooms involve discussions of personal, private, and sensitive content and information. By agreeing to said Terms and Conditions you understand and acknowledge that it is your responsibility to share only the information that you are willing to make public.
6. You are responsible for your own appropriate conduct in any meeting. Bayridge Counselling Centres is not liable or responsible for any harm that arises out of or relates to a Session you participate in.
7. Bayridge Counselling Centres as a company is not liable or responsible for the individual actions of Bayridge hosts or facilitators, or participants.
8. You acknowledge and agree that Bayridge Counselling Centres is NOT responsible for unauthorized collection of your personal information.
9. You acknowledge that this forum is NOT professional therapy, nor should be considered as advice or recommendations by Bayridge Counselling Centres. You should take your own advice and/or make specific enquiries to professionals in the fields of your inquiry and independently verify any information before relying upon it.
10. Recordings. You are NOT allowed to record these sessions, in word digital or on video platforms. You may not record, reproduce, resell, or distribute the Services or any conversations, blogs, reports or data generated by the Services for any purpose.
11. Prohibited Use. You agree that you will NOT use the Services to (i) modify, disassemble, decompile, prepare derivative works of, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to gain access to the source code of the Services; (ii) knowingly or negligently use the Services in a way that abuses, interferes with, or disrupts Bayridge Counselling Centres.
Limitations of Electronic Services
1. We make no warranty that this Website (or Websites which are linked to this Website) or the server that makes it available is free from computer viruses or any other malicious or impairing computer programme.
2. You understand and acknowledge that the quality of video and online experience provided by the platform is determined by many factors, some outside of the control of Bayridge Counselling Centres. As such, Bayridge Counselling Centres shall not be responsible nor be held accountable for any technical issues with the platform that may occur during your use of the platform.
3. You agree that all matters relating to the access to, or use of, the platform shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and that you will comply with all such applicable laws.
4. It is your responsibility to use a computing device and audio device that meets recommended hardware and software specifications described at zoom.com.