In any given week, at least 500,000 employed Canadians are unable to work due to mental health problems*. Our mission is to increase access to trusted mental health support. As part of this mission we have put together a program for community partners to support these efforts directly.
The BENEFITS of Sponsoring an Online Therapy Group
*Reference - CAMH
Positive Positioning for Your Brand
Nearly three-quarters of workers say they want their employers to champion mental health and well-being in the workplace. This initiative also provides our sponsors the opportunity to create positive awareness within the general public.
Positive Flow-Thru for Your Employees
Increased mental health awareness for your employees. Individually, better mental health can improve decision-making, workflow, and relationships at work. All of these can translate to increased productivity.
Registered Therapeutic Group
All sponsored online therapy groups are led by a Bayridge registered therapist. These are therapeutic groups that offer real value for participants that can be offered over one evening or multi-week sessions, depending on the topic.
The Facts About Mental Health in Canada
For businesses, the economic burden of mental illness in Canada is estimated at $51 billion per year*.
INCREASED HEALTH CARE COSTS FOR COMPANIES
LOST EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY
REDUCTIONS IN HEALTH-RELATED QUALITY OF LIFE
In any given week, at least 500,000 employed Canadians are unable to work due to mental health problems.
By age 40, about 50% of the population will have or have had a mental illness and more than half of them suffer significantly enough to impact their family relationships and careers!
The cost of a disability leave for a mental illness is about double the cost of a leave due to a physical illness. Mental illness affects people of all ages, education, income levels, and cultures. It’s a human problem. In short, mental illness is the leading cause of disability in Canada.
*Reference - CAMH
Bayridge is a multi-disciplinary group of 40+ Psychologists, Registered Therapists, Social Workers and Medical Doctors.
We are one of Canada’s top online therapy providers and a leading counselling brand across Ontario with nine clinic locations.
The BENEFITS to Users Through Your Sponsorship
An overwhelming amount of international evidence demonstrates that promotion, prevention, and early intervention initiatives show positive results in mental health success.”
Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, has proven to be an extremely effective way of cleansing the soul and can be conducted individually or in groups.
Group experiences let users see that, while we are all unique, we are not as different as we think. Group therapy often reduces isolation and alienation and increases the feelings of ‘togetherness’.
This is the foundation that enables us to become creative with our life challenges. Through your corporate sponsorship, you are helping users access real mental health support.
The Benefits of Online Group Therapy for Users:
- Helps users understand they are not alone. It helps to normalize their experience as they listen to others share stories similar to their own.
- They are needed and valued. They are not just receiving; they are providing support.
- It multiplies. If two heads are better than one, imagine having eight!
- It is more effective. For many people it is shown to be more effective than individual therapy, as Irvin D. Yalom, M.D., writes in The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy.
- It offers voice lessons. In groups a user finds their voice, learning to express themselves without shame. Without a strong voice we become less ‘Human’.
- It is a safety net for users. A group can become your people; it is a safety net when we need support.
- It is better for DIYer’s- Educational It can be highly educational as we listen to a diversity of opinions and some of us just want to learn to do this more independently. It can be like looking at a YouTube video to learn how to renovate a kitchen.
- It offers healthy relational experiences. Group therapy provides healthy, supportive and real relationships for users to experience and model.
What's Included in Your Sponsorship?
- Your corporation has a unique opportunity to partner with a leader in mental health counselling through Bayridge sponsorship.
- Sponsors can choose which groups best align with the corporate goals.
- Maximum of three different sponsors per group. Many sponsors choose to book all three spots so that they can have exclusivity.
- Ability to sponsor multiple groups throughout the year.
- Sponsors’ logos and links to their websites will be added to the online group therapy website page for their specific group. Your logo and company name will be added to marketing initiatives, whenever possible (social media, Google, posts – specific details along with time durations will be outlined in each sponsorship contract).
- Option to promote to your employees / customers as a corporate mental health initiative.