REDUCING STRESS AND TAKING A MOMENT TO RELAX
Published On: October 1, 2014
What relaxation techniques have worked for you in the past?
What barriers or obstacles keep you from these practices now?
What would you be willing to try?
How often will you challenge yourself to take time for these relaxation techniques?
- Go for a walk
- Drink a cup of herbal tea
- Wrap yourself in a blanket or sweater
- Abdominal breathingv
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Listen to calming music
- Meditate on a passage of scripture or inspirational quote
- Visualize a time and place when you felt calm and relaxed
- Sing a Song – pick a theme song to help you focus on being well
- Use a fidget object such as a squeeze ball or playdough or Crayola magic clay
- Take a hot bath or shower
- Go swimming
- Pet the dog/cat
- Sensory deprivation – may involve turning off lights, darkening a room, lighting a candle, creating white noise to block out other sounds, etc.